Saturday, February 13, 2010

Heart Breaker

We went to the mall with Grandma K yesterday to see some of her friends. Logan wore his Valentine's Day outfit from the R's...he was SO excited!

Here's some more cute pictures with his adorable outfit...our little heart breaker...

This outfit is a 3 - 6 months! He's still in mostly 3 month clothes, but his 0-3 are now to small, so off to 3-6! Baby clothes are so confusing...some brands just have newborn, 3 months, 6 months, etc...then there are other brands that are 0-3. 3-6, etc...can we not just pick one sizing system? Either way, he's growing! :)

Logan's had a bit of a cough all week, but it's been a dry cough. Then last night he was really fussy, so I decided to take his temp. It was 100.5. Not high, but a fever none the less. So we gave him some Tylenol, he nursed, and fell asleep. He slept from 8-3! His longest stretch ever...helped by the Tylenol I'm sure. Then he slept from 3 - 5, ate again then 5:30 - 6:30. I of course went to bed at 10:30 because the Olympics were too exciting and then woke up at 1:30 worried about him, so I still didn't sleep, but oh well! He didn't have a fever anymore when he woke up at 3. But this morning his cough had turned "junky". We decided to call the doctor and take him in since they have Saturday hours. They listened to him and agreed that he is junky, but they think it's just a cold. They gave us things to look for, we're going to elevate the head of his crib tonight while he sleeps, and hopefully he will start to feel better. He also took a 3 hour nap this afternoon, on my chest. He then woke up and was fairly content, and I shot this video of him:




He looks pretty good there! I mean, it's tummy time and he's not even screaming - just talking to the turtle on his mat. He's sleeping again now, so hopefully all this rest will help him. He weighed in at 12 lbs. 9 oz. at the doctor today, so he's gained 12 oz. in 17 days, which is great for a 3 month old, so it looks like my milk supply is doing okay. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I wanted to take him to the doctor today because he starts daycare on Tuesday so I wanted to make sure all was well before then. We visited daycare yesterday and Grandma K went with us and gave it her stamp of approval. She was quite impressed and I think that is a great sign. I know I am going to have a very hard time leaving him on Tuesday morning but I know he will be well cared for and I think we will be fine.

Peter and I are headed out for a date tomorrow afternoon, Grandma and Grandpa F are coming to watch Logan. Who knew that a trip to Target and the grocery store would one day be an exciting part of a date! No worries, we are going out to a nice lunch too. And as a bonus, we're both off on Monday!

Here's hoping Logan feels better soon and we see a lot more of this (His hair looks so light here!):

No comments:

Post a Comment