My baby is growing up. There have been about a million things in the past few days that point to this. I mean hello, you saw the giggle video, right?
Well, let's start with yesterday at the doctor's. It was Logan's four month appointment. He was such a trooper. And I must say, I adore our pediatrician office. They have quite a few docs and nurse practitioners, two of which are also the lactation consultants I see. My favorite thing is they never seem rushed. And they have Saturday and Sunday sick visit hours. And evening hours during the week for well visits. They do not make this first time nervous mommy feel crazy when she worries, and they are so thorough at appointments. Anyway, wow, back to the point...
Logan weighed in at 12lbs. 14 oz. That puts him on the same 15-20 percentile he was at for his 2 month appointment, so that's fine. He's 25.5 inches long...that puts him in the 75th percentile for height! He was only in the 25th percentile for height at 2 months. Woah, he has shot up! We've got a long and lean boy on our hands. It makes me feel good because his weight is progressing fine (all right, I still obsessively worry, I admit) but the height changing so much makes it quite clear he is growing!
She asked if he was rolling yet, I told her no. That video that I posted forever ago? Ha, turns out Peter propped him up and helped him "fall" over. She said it was fine, they just start asking at 4 months but with babies on their backs so much now it's not expected as early. She told us the recommendation for starting solids for a breastfed baby is 6 months, which I knew and which we plan to follow. She checked him all out and he looked great, smiled and "talked" to her. He was a champ when he got his shots too.
Well, fast forward to about an hour later when I'm playing with him at home on the floor and Peter is sitting in the chair near us. This is what happens...I promise there is excitement near the end!
That screaming was of course me! I was SOOO excited. He rolled over 2 more times after that, but not tonight.
Here's why he's really growing up...we've been swaddling him since day 1. I swaddle him up, feed him, he falls asleep, and I put him in his crib. Well, we decided his 4 month birthday was the time to ditch the swaddle. I wanted to go slowly, one arm out, etc...but Peter convinced me to just go cold turkey. So, tonight I fed him but he was still awake, and I put him down in his crib with a sleep sack on, said good night, and came downstairs to watch the video monitor. He talked to himself for about 10 minutes, then...he was asleep. And he still is, 40 minutes later. OH MY WORD. So exciting.
Time really is going by so fast. He is so much fun right now, I'm so excited we get a whole weekend to play. Here's hoping we get great sleep tonight!
I kept waiting for you to call someone to tell them he had just rolled over. I am so excited for you guys. That is so awesome! Congratulations big guy!!!!!
ReplyDelete