Sunday, October 18, 2009

Worry, worry, worry...

That's all I do these days. I worry about whether he's moving enough. I worry about whether he'll be okay when he's delivered. I worry that we've been so blessed to get this far and something is going to go wrong. I am a bit of a mess.

I have had a wonderful pregnancy. 2 small scares in the beginning that ended with good news, an amazingly supportive husband, and a relatively comfortable experience. And I'm just so scared that it's all too good to be true. I worry because right now, I'm the only one that can tell how things are going, because I'm the one that can feel him, no one else can do that for me. I say prayers all the time, count my blessings, and try to remind myself to be logical - not something I have been able to do for oh, 29 years. I mean, I've always had awful anxiety - and this is a HUGE event to be anxious about.

So, if you have any nice, calming vibes, send them my way. I am SO ready to meet Logan, so ready to worry about something new. I know we are so very lucky and blessed - thank you all so much for all of your support on this journey with us!

3 comments:

  1. Shannon, worring is normal and being a mom, it just doesn't stop! You just have to not let it consume you. Easier said than done for sure, but keep focusing on the happy thoughts. He's healthy, you're healthy and it sounds like you're very in tune to your body and that's all you can do. Think about how many women have wonderful, uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries instead of the more rare "other" scenarios ;). I'm sending you warm wishes, happy thoughts, calming vibes, and that's what Logan needs you to have, too!! Good luck, and I can't wait to hear about your birth story! Ah, memories!

    Take care,
    Becky Justice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon,
    I know how you feel. I am a worrier too and was terrified I wouldn't be able to handle labor and being a mom (even though I always wanted to be a mom). If you weren't nervous, I'd be worried about YOU! Like Becky said, the worrying is part of being a mom but you have to focus on the happiness and good parts.
    I know you will do a fantastic job- you have a strong support system and you are tough! There is light at the end of the tunnel (so to speak) and you will have a precious little boy to make it all worthwhile.
    I am so excited for you and your family.
    Love to you all

    ReplyDelete
  3. don't worry--it'll be great! I too had a fabulous pregnancy and thought the labor would be terrible or he'd be a crier/fussy baby/bad sleeper....and still am waiting for this perfect bubble to burst! There will always be something to worry about, but trust your momma instincts, because they are right. You will know what is best and it will all be fine....and don't be scared to ask for drugs during labor if things don't feel good! :)

    ReplyDelete